|Temple Sinai Nursery School|
Temple Sinai's Nursery School is guided by the philosophy that "play is children's work". In implementing our philosophy, we provide a relaxed atmosphere in which every child has the opportunity to develop a sense of self. Our new modern facility enhances our fun environment which allows for working individually and in small groups to continually strengthen self-esteem.
Our Nursery School is New York State registered (N-K) and has a permit issued by the New York State Department of Social Services to operate as a day care center. We have half day and extended day programs for ages two to five. We also have a unique Summer Program. Temple Sinai provides consistency, which is so important in a young child's life; toddlers can remain with us for the summer, and then naturally progress to our Nursery School in September.
The Nursery School Setting is an important early connection to Temple Sinai. The staff's understanding of Judaism helps to reinforce Jewish education. One of our major goals is to help our children feel, to understand, to live and to love Judaism. Through the celebration of the Shabbat and the Festivals with song, story and food, and the presence of either a Rabbi or Cantor, the Jewish calendar comes alive. All of these colorful threads of pre-school life, woven into the intricate tapestry that is all life, add depth, joy and personal commitment to the total human being each child will become each day.
• Temple Sinai Nursery School classes are located in a separate wing of the Temple. Our classroom are equipped with the latest and most outstanding educational equipment.
• There is an outdoor playground completely fenced with modern equipment. A telephone has been installed in the shed so that teachers can be in immediate contact with the office.
• In inclement weather there is a carpeted fully equipped indoor play area.
• Our school policy for outdoor play is that the temp. must be at least 32 degrees F., and the playground must be dry.
• In addition, we have use of the Sanctuary and the Temple Library.
In an effort to streamline the Temple Sinai Nursery School registration process, a new policy has been adopted that will hopefully ease the burden for all families applying for the limited spaces available in our fine program. FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A TOUR OF OUR BEAUTIFUL FACILITY CALL 621-8708 TODAY!!!
Due to the ever changing needs of the community, our class sessions change from year to year. Please contact the Nursery School office for current class hours.
Getting Involved |
Other Jewish Links
Guest Register |
Professional Staff |
The Month at a Glance |
Family Education |
Religious Education |
Nursery School |
About Temple Sinai of Roslyn